- There is no entry fee. Photos entered will NOT be purchased by the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce or the City of Whitewright. The prize is bragging rights.
- Everyone in the community is welcome to participate by submitting original photos. Photos must be taken in the Whitewright area within two years of the contest year.
- Entries can be submitted un May 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
- By submitting your photos, you are giving consent that all entries belong to you and give the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Whitewright the rights to use all the photos submitted. If you enter the contest, you may see your work used in Chamber or City communications, even if you do not win. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide publications such as City newsletters, social media, etc.
Submitted qualifying photos will be placed in an album on the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page. The public will then cast votes by “liking” favorite photos. Judging will be conducted by popular vote of “likes” on the WACC Facebook photo only. No other forms of voting for judging will be accepted. No other comments or reactions will be counted for tallying the votes.
Sharing the photos from the Chamber’s album with your friends and family to vote is strongly encouraged.
Downtown or other landmarks, city-wide events (ex. parade), sporting events, farming (animals, crops, machinery), businesses, and community improvements (ex. Christmas decorations).