The Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce and guests had a wonderful evening at Bethel Cannon Ranch. Thank you SO much to Kristi Avalos, Angela Tylka and the team there for the event and excellent food by Chef Aaron.
We honored the following organizations:
- Volunteers of the Year – Whitewright/Tom Bean Snap Center
- New Business of the Year – Ashley Schoonover Farmers Insurance Agency
- Business of the Year – Legend Bank of Whitewright
- Above and Beyond Award – the Public Works team from the City of Whitewright.
We enjoyed an auction helped along by the fast-talking Randolf McGee. Thank you to all the businesses that donated items! We plan to give out six Scholarships this year to Whitewright High School Seniors.
- Thanks to Marven Arterberry for blessing the meal.
- Thanks to Lenoir-Sage Vineyards for the wine!
- And Country music by Daniel Sampley Music and Zach!
If you missed our Facebook Live event, you can watch the video here –
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can also view the video here –
The Whitewright Chamber of Commerce does not endorse any candidates, but we encourage you to hear directly from the candidates for City Council.
Election Day is May 1, 2021 — Early Voting begins April 19 and ends on April 27.
For all the times and locations, please see the City of Whitewright’s website.
Place 1: Phillip Guthrie & Traci Barr, incumbent
Place 2: Diana Scott & John Simon
Place 5: Shirley Ballard & Jason Summers, incumbent
- There is no entry fee. Photos entered will NOT be purchased by the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce or the City of Whitewright. The prize is bragging rights.
- Everyone in the community is welcome to participate by submitting original photos. Photos must be taken in the Whitewright area within two years of the contest year.
- Entries can be submitted un May 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
- By submitting your photos, you are giving consent that all entries belong to you and give the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Whitewright the rights to use all the photos submitted. If you enter the contest, you may see your work used in Chamber or City communications, even if you do not win. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide publications such as City newsletters, social media, etc.
Submitted qualifying photos will be placed in an album on the Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page. The public will then cast votes by “liking” favorite photos. Judging will be conducted by popular vote of “likes” on the WACC Facebook photo only. No other forms of voting for judging will be accepted. No other comments or reactions will be counted for tallying the votes.
Sharing the photos from the Chamber’s album with your friends and family to vote is strongly encouraged.
Downtown or other landmarks, city-wide events (ex. parade), sporting events, farming (animals, crops, machinery), businesses, and community improvements (ex. Christmas decorations).
Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce
Annual Chamber Banquet
“A Night-Out at Bethel Ranch”
Bethel Ranch — 1922 Bethel Cannon Road, Whitewright, Texas
Come and celebrate the Whitewright Area Chamber Members and community members with us this year at the annual Whitewright Area Chamber of Commerce Banquet.
Bethel Ranch will host this year’s Chamber Banquet on Saturday, May 1, 2021 beginning at 6:00 PM.
A wonderful meal will be prepared by the talented onsite chef at Bethel Ranch, Chef Aaron. The evening will include member and community awards, a live auction conducted by auctioneer Randolph McGee, with live music and dancing!
Tickets will be available for purchase in advance at the Whitewright Visitors Center, 113 W. Grand Street, Whitewright, Texas Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
Price per ticket is $15.00.
Please call 903.364.2000 or e-mail us for additional information or questions.
Our 2021 membership drive will begin January 1, 2021 and run throughout the entire year.
Please complete the membership application and don’t forget to drop off your business cards, brochures, and giveaways.
If you have additional questions or need assistance please feel free to contact Olivia Hutchison at the Visitors Center by email email@example.com or by phone at 903-364-2000.
We look forward to our continued partnership and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support in helping to make the Whitewright area the best place to live.